Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mozilla firefox slow when opening whats the prob?

• Please log in to reply

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
:tazz: Hi , i just got mozilla firefox and when i click on the ICON after 5 seconds it loads up on the INTERNET EXPLORER icon when i click on it teks about 2 seconds how come is it the 2 internets are colliding? please get back

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
No, Firefox is slower than starting than IE because IE is so greatly tied into the Operating System. Surely three seconds isn't a big deal...

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Tab browseing, thats why, in the long run its faster and more productive

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Mpfeif watch your mouth dont get to cheeky

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
There's nothing wrong with what mpfeif101 said. And anyhow, Mozilla Firefox might be slow in starting up but once it is up and running it is amazingly fast - even more so than Internet Explorer. Personally, I think it might be tied to the amount of RAM available in one's PC. On my previous cranky old computer, Firefox took at least a couple of seconds to load, while IE opened up almost at once. On my new computer though, Firefox opens up at once - it is mostly the Google start page which takes its own sweet time loading. It is not really a problem however, since most of Firefox's other features such as going back to certain pages and clearing out information stored during browsing are much swifter and efficient than IE.

It has already been stated in numerous articles that Firefox is noticeably slower than IE in starting up, and many users of the software have also reported this taking place. There is nothing wrong with this at all, and it actually does make quite a bit of sense if you think about it. Internet Explorer hasn't undergone a major upgrade in ages - even most of its patches are pretty outdated, considering. It is also a pretty simple browser, offering only the most basic utilities required for surfing the 'Net. Firefox on the other hand, is jammed-packed with various features such as tabbed browsing, a built-in search engine et cetera. So think about it - comparatively speaking, which browser should load faster? I personally think that, given the various tools and functions Firefox can offer to the average user and the near-useless and pretty much unstable Internet Explorer, I'd sooner pick Mozilla Firefox's few seconds' slower starting-up time at any given point.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts

Mpfeif watch your mouth dont get to cheeky

I didn't say anything bad :tazz:

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
Might I suggest install and run
FireTune for Firefox.

Some dispute it, but it's generally reported it speeds up the Fox. :tazz:

(please do a backup as the program suggests)