Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of Death!

• Please log in to reply

sailormilkyway

sailormilkyway

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone, i hope to goodness that you will read this and help me!! I have that stupid blue screen of death virus. I recently changed my virus scanner from the rubbish that was AVG to Avast, which then discovered around 70 odd trojans and viruses on my computer. now as far as i know they are slowly being cleared off my comp, but i have noticed that whenever i would boot up it looked like avast had discovered the same viruses i remember moving to the chest last time i booted up... anyway, since i installed avast the blue screen has popped up more frequently. however, my friend disabled the actual blue screen from appearing, now it just goes straight to reboot. but it has come to an extreme now where i cannot boot up in windows at all!! I am constantly running in safe mode and i cant seem to get past the "windows needs to verify files and folders" screen. when i do then it goes to my password, i type it in (if im fast enough) and hear a small bit of the windows start up music when the comp reboots again! it is driving me insane, because i cant use my sound, cam or anything in safe mode :tazz: I need help i am at my ends wit on how to fix this problem. My computer is custom made, thus consists of various parts, so what make it is i cannot tell you.. please i am a novice and i would appreciate ANY help! ... If you think you can help me then please either post back or email me directly (which may be much easier for me) at [email protected]
thank you guys so much for reading this, and even more if u decide to help.
nicky

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Do you have any important files on the machine? Try booting to safe mode.

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
All you have to do is start tapping the "F8" key when you see the Windows XP logo.

sailormilkyway

sailormilkyway

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
f8 didnt work. i told it to disable automatic reboot, but then the blue screen just came back instead... *cry* and i always boot up in safe mode.. cant boot up at all otherwise :tazz:

Edited by sailormilkyway, 22 June 2005 - 03:55 PM.