Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scheduling Tasks

• Please log in to reply

TheBestSaul

TheBestSaul

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I downloaded a program called IRadio to that rips Real streaming audio. The scheduler included with the program uses the task scheduler that comes with XP. When I tried to schedule tasks, it would not allow me to as I did not have the password. I have since gotten rid of IRadio but am still unable to schedule any tasks. It tells me that my access is denied even though I was under the impression that when I created this username I gave it permission to do anything it wanted. Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I schedule anything? Thanks very much.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I encountered a similar problem once; It turned out to be a very silly mistake. Windows wont ask for user-name and password, if the "Run only if Logged on" option is checked in the properties of the task in the task scheduler.
If u still want to run the task even when u are logged off: Make sure the user-name is not using a blank paswword.

TheBestSaul

TheBestSaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks Darth. I was able to fix the access problem. However, now when I schedule tasks they simply don't run. Any ideas? Thanks again.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
does your account (the one you are trying to run the task), have a password?

When you ran th wizard to set it up, did you include the password?

TheBestSaul

TheBestSaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My account does have a password and I did include it when scheduling the task. One thing I noticed is that the username that appears in the task manager is an older name for the administrator that I have since changed. However, it accepts the password with no problem and does not seem to want me to use the new username (when I try I get an error messge). Thanks very much.

TheBestSaul

TheBestSaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It turns that that one of the advanced properties is set by default to not run the schedule task is the computer is running on battery power. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks very much.