Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Agnitum Outpost Pro 2.7

• Please log in to reply

sammyW

sammyW

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello,

I set up outpost using the automatic config. Now when I look in the "allowed" list, things are being constantly allowed when I am on and off the internet, at the rate of 2 or 3 a second, sometimes accelerating violently. When I look in the log is says the process is "javaw.exe" which I think is a java application, the protocol is UDP, the remote address varing. If I block this application it will continually being blocked at the same rate as it is now being allowed. Is this usually to have things being blocked or allowed at this rate. I am new to firewalls and I thought that things might be blocked or allowed occasionally, but not at this rate.

Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

sammyW

sammyW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Also would I need to turn off the windows firewall? I was told that two or more firewalls can cause conflict, but I am not sure whether this applied to the window's xp sp2 own firewall