Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

getting tons of menus

• Please log in to reply

Idle-Brain

Idle-Brain

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
IS there anything I can do about it? I don't suspect it is malware or anything else.

Also, when I move my cursor over some hyperlink or typefield, I lose sight of the cursor and cant find it anymore. I move around again, hoping I wont trigger a menu-bombardment. And then the cursor sits fine in a corner left-top.

Re-install perhaps??? It is a school's computer with lots of programs for the kiddies here. (I am at work now, a school for kiddies between 4 and 12.) They got lots of education programs here and it's a pain to re-install all of that junk again.

I hope any of you got same experience and sorted it out without format.
WinXP wont be able to run on these machines here, they only contain 64 MB ram or less and have the worst P3 - P2 motherboards around.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
virus or malware,perhaps? Or corrupted mouse driver.

What kind of mouse?

Try these

Start > Settings > Control Panel > mouse
go through all the tabs and hit DEFAULT buttons

Idle-Brain

Idle-Brain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Well, that didn't work either.

I found a different solution:
I got on msdos and follow those instruction of how to re-install windows without losing stuff.

I got stuck on the setup when I was asked for the key.
The school kept those in a save spot. REALLY save. It was locked away in a 500 pounds weighing block of solid iron with 3 keycombo's :tazz:

And the only person who knows those keys was on a schooltrip with his class...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, that's good, you could have gotten the cd key from the registry, too, but as long as you're up and running that's all that counts

Idle-Brain

Idle-Brain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
But how can you enter the registry if all you got are the basic motherboard commands? I don't think it's possible. But anyway, I don't think they got it running again, I am the only person that knows something about pc's there. The only persen at that school that knows more about pc's than I do is the one who got the network up. I should have gotten that cd-key before I deleted windows. Oh well, it happened already and there is no return. Oh yeah, I thought windows would enter the cd-ley atuomatically if it was in the registry already...

*edit* --- almost forgot: THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!

Edited by Idle-Brain, 27 June 2005 - 12:39 AM.