Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting a Logical Drive

• Please log in to reply

yooper46

yooper46

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: My new PowerEdge 2800 has two 36 GB SCSI drives on RAID 1 and 3-300 GB with RAID 5.

For some reason Dell created a logical drive on the 36 GB drive and I have a 12 GB "C" and a 21.7 GB "E" drive. I have nothing on this E drive. Using disk management, can I just delete the logical drive and it will automatically become part of the "C" drive?

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
First off are you sure that there is absolutly nothing on that E drive, because somtimes Dell will create a small logical drive with a bunch of backup and emergancy repair info on it. These files may be hidden so make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" option is checked in "Folder properties". If there is really nothing there, then you can use a program such as Partition Magic to combine the two partitions. Or you could reformat the drive with the disk that dell should have given you.

--Chris