Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Deleting a Logical Drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: My new PowerEdge 2800 has two 36 GB SCSI drives on RAID 1 and 3-300 GB with RAID 5.

For some reason Dell created a logical drive on the 36 GB drive and I have a 12 GB "C" and a 21.7 GB "E" drive. I have nothing on this E drive. Using disk management, can I just delete the logical drive and it will automatically become part of the "C" drive?

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
First off are you sure that there is absolutly nothing on that E drive, because somtimes Dell will create a small logical drive with a bunch of backup and emergancy repair info on it. These files may be hidden so make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" option is checked in "Folder properties". If there is really nothing there, then you can use a program such as Partition Magic to combine the two partitions. Or you could reformat the drive with the disk that dell should have given you.