Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some sites kill my IE and MSN explorer

• Please log in to reply

silver1

silver1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Everything is fine now when i visit the sites that i told you before. But i tried to install Limewire again to see if i could use it, and again my laptop crashed. the whole screen turned blue and said that it had to close windows to protect the computer and a bunch of words that i don't recall now. I gave up on Limewire in my laptop cause i use in my pc anyway. Any sugestions?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No suggestions other than to stay away from limewire

start > run
eventvwr.msc
enter

go to applications look for a red x at the time of the crash to learn more

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
That is strange cause that never happens to me, do you have the lastest version of Lime wire and Java?

silver1

silver1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes, everytime i try to download Limewire i go to Limewire.com and download it, and the same for Java. The Java thing fixed my other problem but i gave up on the Limewire one cause i don't know what else to do.
Thanks

Chexee

Chexee

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Which is why we should all use Firefox.

silver1

silver1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi i'm back. In regards to the Limewire problem i have, my laptop did the same thing when i joined Kodak Gallery and i tried to upload photos to store them online. After a few were uploaded the screen went blue with a bunch of letters that i dont remember now. I do remember something like "driver_IRQL_" and that's it, and at the bottom, something like disposing physical memory with a numerical counter counting down. I'm attaching the Application's Event Viewer.
I'll appreciate any help here.
Thanks

Attached Files

cherylj

cherylj

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey jerryf - I upgraded java using the link silver1 provided. That upgrade was successful - however I still have the shodocvw.dll problem with IE explorer - anyother suggestions?? - Should I try to delete the bad version of dll and put the good dll in the appropriate directory? - the other issue I have that could be affecting this (I have seen other posts) - when the pc boots up I get the "could not find nail.exe" message.

andrewp1

andrewp1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I've been having a similar problem. I'm able to use limewire, and run it for about 5-10 minutes, during which time I can download, browse, etc. However, after a random amount of time, Limewire will hang, and bring my whole computer with it. I'm forced to use the power button to turn off the PC at this point. Please help if you can!