Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

desktop background hijacked & websites not workin

• Please log in to reply

apollo7

apollo7

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,
I have an issue where my desktop is hijacked. Desktop background has disappeared and is now "flashing" grey and white. Also, when right-clicking the desktop, i could see it is a web page. I also notice the websites google and other search pages are returning bogus information. It seems as if the websites are getting rerouted to somewhere else. The whole system is slow as well.

I have gone through Norton Antivirus scan, which found and deleted automatically the Trojan.Desktophijack virus. Also have run Lavasofts' Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Please help and let me know, what i need to get rid of the virus and fix both issues.

Thanks
:tazz:

Advertisements

apollo7

apollo7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,
I have an issue where my desktop is hijacked. Desktop background has disappeared and is now "flashing" grey and white. Also, when right-clicking the desktop, i could see it is a web page. I also notice the websites google and other search pages are returning bogus information. It seems as if the websites are getting rerouted to somewhere else. The whole system is slow as well.

I have gone through Norton Antivirus scan, which found and deleted automatically the Trojan.Desktophijack virus. Also have run Lavasofts' Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Please help and let me know, what i need to get rid of the virus and fix both issues.

Thanks