Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Half-Life 2 installation

• Please log in to reply

gamermaimer

gamermaimer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have reinstalled the game several times before and each time it installed properly.But now, each time I put in disc 1 and go to install the game through My Computer and explore the CD drive nothing shows up and when I try to close it the ''Program not responding'' message pops up.So when I finally manage close the ''Explore CD drive window'' the whole desktop is cleared of all icons and the toolbar and they reappear only when I remove the CD from the drive.Also, all the background processes like antivirus programs restart along with it.I've also scanned the computer for viruses,spywares,adwares etc. just in case they were causing it but, I found none.

Advertisements

hvc801

hvc801

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Putting in the cd should automatically run the cd without having to explore the cd under my computer. I've had the same problem also and im tring to think how i solved it.. but im drawing a blank here. Check and run more antivirus programs, or anti spy/add ware programs. I run norton antivirus 2005 , and microsoft jsut came out with this new spyware thing and i usually dont use microsoft products, but its free and it works [bleep] good. if problem presists, IM me on aim at - hvc801

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
If you register your CD key with Valve you can just download the entire game