Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE user can't read threads in my forum

• Please log in to reply

fts

fts

• Pip
  • 3 posts
take a look at my web site:
www.woe.freehosting4u.de

if you have Internet Explorer, you will notice that if you click on an area, you are redirected to the main page...
please help :tazz:

Advertisements

ShogunWarrior

ShogunWarrior

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
That's weird, you can't even type in the address manually, it still sends you back to the main page, this is a weird problem man.
I've never seen this happening on any other forum before.

-SW

fts

fts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i know...That's a rare problem....
By mozilla users it works well, the problem is only for internet explorer users

so could somebody help me? :tazz:

fts

fts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
please i need your help

ShogunWarrior

ShogunWarrior

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'd really like to help you man, I would, but this is very weird. The only thing I can think of is if there's a difference between the Javascript handling in IE and other browsers because normally most of the processing is done on the SERVER side and then returned to the browser.
I can't understand why it wouldn't work if you type in the address manually, it's almost like it's not sending the ?act=gettopic&topic=23 and instead it just goes to the index.
I don't have much experience with forum coding and this one isn't a widely used one such as phpBB or IPB.
Ok, I looked through the WolTab site and I searched through documents and other help files. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any mention of complete incompatability with IE. But, the current version of Burning Board is 2.3.2, this means that your version if very old and I think that there must have been a problem with it when it was released.
I also went into the WolTab forum(which is in German) and searched for explorer(after translating into German:Forscher) but that didn't yield any results.

My advice therefore is either:
[-] Get a different (and better) forum like IPB(recommended), or
[-] Get a newer version of Burning Board which should fix the problem
[-] Make sure everyone who uses your site doesn't use IE(not very practical)

Anyway, hope I helped some there, there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it other than replacing the forum.

-SW