Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security settings?

• Please log in to reply

theothrdaughter

theothrdaughter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
HI I AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM THAT I WANT AND IT KEEPS COMING UP THAT MY SECURITY SETTINGS WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD IT :-( HOW CAN I CHANGE THE SETTINGS???? PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME ANYONEEEE

Advertisements

1nfection

1nfection

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security Settings Tab

From there you should be able to see what you need to fix, or if you have the site in your restricted list.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

As per Microsoft..

To control notification for ActiveX controls and for file downloads, follow these steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the Security tab.

3. There are four security zones listed: • Internet
• Local intranet
• Trusted sites
• Restricted sites
Click the zone where you want to change the settings.

4. Under Security level for this zone, click Custom Level.

5. Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Disable or click Enable.

6. Under Downloads, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Disable or click Enable, and then click OK two times.

Murray

theothrdaughter

theothrdaughter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
HI TY FOR YOUR HELP I DID BOTH OF THE SUGGESTIONS AND I ALSO WENT TO YOUR MALWARE SITE AND NOTHING WILL DOWNLOAD IT COMES UP SAYING THAT MY CURRENT SECURITY SETTINGS WILL NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD THE SITE AND ALSO I TRIED A SYSTEM RESTORE AND IT SAYS IT WAS UNABLE TO RESTORE THAT NO CHANGES WERE MADE ???? I HJAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
can you create a new account? and then try downloading from that one?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Howdy:

As per Microsoft..

4. Under Security level for this zone, click Custom Level.

5. Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Disable or click Enable.

6. Under Downloads, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Disable or click Enable, and then click OK two times.

Murray

View Post

Are you enabling or disabling here??

Murray