Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

found new hardware message on booting up

• Please log in to reply

karenizzy

karenizzy

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Every time I boot up my computer I get 2 separate messages saying Found new Hardware etc with options to check below. I have added no new hardware. Another message says found new hardware EntDrv51. What on earth is that? Can you please help? My PC is also dramatically slow to boot up- I have used Ewido and Adaware and Spybot amongst others in Safe mode and my PC mow seems to be clean of viruses.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I got this from McAfee's Japanese site.
Some malware u must had b4, renamed EntDrv51.sys to something like "EntDrv51.old"; U will have to rename it back to the original.

Go to the folder C: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers, see if there is a file named EntDrv51.xxx (where xxx are any set of characters except 'sys'). If Yes, the replace xxx with sys. And then reboot.

If u want to refer the link, here it is:
McAfee Jap, Translated by Google