Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

another 205 router problem

• Please log in to reply

hellfire

hellfire

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well i had all the problems with my router and ethernet connection, i posted it in the other thread about vayger 205

anyway i decided to go back to usb as it seemed to hold a connection longer but now it doesn't it seems to drop every 20minutes, but not drop, just not send/get singals and says its connected at 8.1mbps instead of 576 which it is normally at...

Any ideas on how to sort it out? i need help fast,

many thanks

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
I had this problem setting up the voyger 100 on of my clients machines.
It kept droping connection every 5 minutes, I basically downloaded an update from the provider and deleted the previous driver.

I let the OS detects the device then installed the update after, it worked fine since.

Just look if there is an update, you can see if there are any problems with the device if you go to device manager.

These are just outlines.