Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus Gold

• Please log in to reply

PeterS

PeterS

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have a problem with something that has been embeded into my computer.
The other day, whilst downloading a file onto my computer, other files downloaded themselves. I did a scan with Pandasoftware and AVG and removed several trojans and infected files. However, I now have on my desktop a large warning that says 'Warning: you are in danger' and urging me to rid myself of all spyware etc. When my mouse pointer goes over this area, it changes to a hand which indicates that it is executable. I executed it and found myself on the site of Antivirus Gold by ICommerce wanting me to buy a copy of their software. In short, nothing I do seems to get rid of this. I also can't change my desktop.
I have emailed them but had, as expected, no reply.
I have used Adaware SE, Registry Mechanic, Hijackthis, CWShredder and various online scanners to no avail. Does anybody know how to resolve this.
I also have on my computer 3 files, they are: a virus called IRC/Backdoor.Flood, a Trojan called HideWindow and another one called IRC/Backdoor.Flood.
These are all in a file in Windows\system32 called rOze.exe and AVG tells me that it cannot be healed. Is there a way of doing this or is it possible to delete rOze.exe? I don't know what this file does.
Thanks for any help,
Pete

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
1 you should NEVER use more then ONE anti-virus on your computer, eaither use AVG OR Panda, but not together.

2 as I read in one area in here that it is recommended that you should have 1 AV (anti virus) 2 anti-spyware software and 1 Firewall

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. Please follow the recommendations HERE and then post your HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum, and someone will be happy to help you! :tazz: