Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook - Recipient Not Receiving Email

• Please log in to reply

TheNewY2K

TheNewY2K

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am currently having a problem with Outlook 2003. Emails that I send to certain email addresses are not received by that address. I can receive messages from them but they do not receive my replies. It does not happen with every email address, only certain ones. I am not on their blocked sender list, in fact, we placed each other's email address in our respective "Safe Sender" "Safe Recipient" lists.

A virus was recently detected by my Norton Antivirus, and I thought I had gotten rid of it without infection. Is it possible that a virus could somehow disrupt this? It should also be noted that this problem only started happening recently. Until a couple of days ago I was able to send emails freely. I appreciate any help you could offer.

-Kevin

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Is it possible that your receiver has an ISP provided "spam blocker"? If they can log on to their account from a website, they should check to see if the mail is there, sitting in a spam folder.

Johanna

TheNewY2K

TheNewY2K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Johanna,

Thanks for the quick response. I suspect there's more likely a problem on our end. Is it possible there's something with our Exchange Server that's somehow filtering the outgoing message into some kind of spam folder and not sending it out? Any other solutions? Thanks again.

-Kevin

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts

It does not happen with every email address, only certain ones.

That tells me it's not on your end.

Until a couple of days ago I was able to send emails freely.

Are there any similarities between the email addys that are not being received? Like same ISP?

Sometimes, because of spammers, an ISP will blacklist an entire domain, instead of the specific offender. (AOL is good at that! :tazz: ) If the emails you are trying to send that are not getting through all end with "@thesamething", that would be a tip off. If the singled out emails seem to be random addresses, or sometimes an email makes it through, sometimes it doesn't, I would look on your end first.

If you PM me with a "problem" address, we can do some sleuthing, if you want.

Johanna

Edited by Czarina, 24 June 2005 - 01:09 PM.