Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is it 2 days to go, my new rig on a budget.

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
:yeah: Right its now close to my birthday the day when i will finally have enough money for a new PC, £900 is what i think i can scrape together more or less. I have downgraded upgraded replanned rebudgeted so many times and depending on finances this will get upgraded ;) or downgraded ;) to suit the amount of cash i will have.
So let rip have i forgoten something or is there somewhere i can do better let me know:

First of Motherboard:
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-046-MS) From overclockers.co.uk for £93.94 Specs
or if i have more money the ABIT fatality SLi board.

The CPU:
AMD (Venice) Athlon 64Bit 3000+ Socket 939pin 512k L2cache 90nm Retail Boxed Processor from Ebuyer for 102 quid or again if i have more money the 3200+ for 30 quid more.

The RAM:
Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 (MY-030-CS) £82.19 from overclockers good deal for only 20 quid more than the value corsair, ideally i would love some better stuff but this is not bad and i wont feel to bad if i chuck it later for better stuff.

The GFX Card:
The GFX card was a subject of turmoil but at the moment its the Hightech X800 IceQ II Turbo 256MB PCI-E for £156 from
Ebuyer if i can borrow some money i might go for a 6800GT probably the leadtek if its still on special offer at www.overclokers.co.uk..

The monitor:
I have been dithering about commiting to one and the whole DVI no DVI thing was getting me but i finally decided yesterday on the Samsung SM-913N 19" LCD Monitor - Silver (MO-022-SA) it was either that or a neovo f419 with a 12ms response but a DVI i will see where is cheapest but overclockers look the best.

The HD:
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 160GB 6B160MO SATA 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-047-MD) i thought about getting a bigger one but this will do for now but i think ill get another one later and put into a RAID 0 and get some of the stripy goodness.

The Disc drive:
Not a hard choice decided to pay the extra pound for a black one im fed up with beige who ever thought that would make a good colour for pcs should be shot. LG GSA4163 16x DVD R/RW/RAM Internal Dual Layer IDE OEM Black Drive for ebuyer 30 sumthin quid might get another later or wait to see who wins the HD-DVD or BluRay fight :help: .

The Case + PSU
I originally planned on a Antec super Lanboy and an Alaska 460W Paxpower PSU. But the Antec Performance TX1088AMG Metallic Grey Tower Case - 480w Truepower PSU (CA-035-AN) caught my eye when it was recently added to overclockers so i looked and i like it as it was exactly the same price as the previous Case and PSU im getting a couple of 80mm fans for it and maybe a 92mm for the duct but theres no rush. it comes in at 117.50 plus a tenner for the alaska low noise fans(the nice orange ones). not as good looking as my last choice but more practical.

The speakers:
Creative Labs SBS560 5.1 Speaker System for £37.95 70 watts a good price and enough to do me a while i might get a the nTech 105W 5.1 Surround Speaker System if i have more money it comes with a remote as well and is a steal at £52 :help: .

Well thats it, the price £910ish all in for the basics what does everyone think, have i missed anything or has anyone seen the stuff cheaper. Sorry for the long post. :help: i love these smileys :tazz: im gonna be 18 soon wooohooo :yeah:.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oh and im stealin a keyboard and mouse of ma grandparents they had them floatin around, its only till i can afford a zboard and logitech gaming mouse.

spudZ

spudZ

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Wow yeah that looks like a nice computer there...have fun turning 18 ;)

;)

-spudZ :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
thanks.