Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

core material

• Please log in to reply

ernieh

ernieh

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
what is the best core materil and what does it matter

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
not gettin what you mean , core material you lost me what is it that you mean? Thermal material maybe?

ernieh

ernieh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
i know one of them is venice and there is hammer/clawhammer, newcastle, italy, coppermine are a couple

spudZ

spudZ

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Oh you mean what the core type is....I don't know much about them, but i know the venice is a good core and so is a clawhammer. Newcastle is probably the worst one out of them (I think, but I'm not saying that it isn't a good core, because it still is)

-spudZ :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oh right yeah you meant core TYPE not material.
Venice = 512KB L2 cache SSE3 instructions included 64 bit uses low voltage and is cooler than most built on a 90 nm process.
San Diego = 1Mb L2 cache SSE3 instructions included 64 bit uses retains a lower voltage advantage and is quite cool for its speed built on a 90 nm process.
Winchester = Same as venice but older and uses SSE2 instructions and is hotter with more voltage needed.
Clawhammer= more of a mmystery they are a bit rare they are 130nm build process and have a 1mb cache quite hot with normal voltage needs.
Newcastle = old 130nm build process quite hot.
Thats the 64 bit ones i know from AMD dont know much about intel or anything 32bit from AMD or than the barton cores which is only because i have one. San diego is the best then its venice. The cual core ones dont follow the same naming principle yet they are just X2s and all you need to know about them as they are best money can buy.