Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Freezes when playing a game.

• Please log in to reply

TJCombo

TJCombo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello....So,this is my problem....My PC freezes always when i'm playing whatever game.........Don't know what can it be;Graphics Card,perhaps?I have a GeForce 4 MX440 :tazz:

When i leave the game and return to windows,the problem disappears. ;)

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
On a scale of 1 to 10. Rate your luck. Cuz only unlucky people possibly have deffective ram or a poorly cooled cpu

TJCombo

TJCombo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
From 1 to 10??

Hmmmm.....2 :tazz: This computer(which by the way i'll replace on a time of a month or something)has ever gave me problems and more problems....

The cheap things finishes always as expensive things.

Deffective ram i think.

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
defective ram? thats pretty random id say (get it random like RAm *random access memory*) *cough* sorry about that but uhh i use the same vid card as u and i dont freeze so unless theres somehitng wrong with ur install. i dunno wat itd be cause defective ram is pretty random to get. i mean ive put a ram chip threw the laundry and it still worke..but i think that was lucky.

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Also what kinda motherboard are you using is everyhting integrated cause it might not be your ram it might be the ram slot.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, lets get some info before randomly guessing at his issue.

what os, what driver version are you at for your video gard, and what game is giving problems?

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
heh just taking over are we lol. oh well you can probly help him better then i can.

Dark-Fact

Dark-Fact

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I got a list of things you can try to help your problem:

1. Scan your computer for viruses, ad-aware, spyware, etc. :tazz:
2. Reformat your computer. ;)
3. Google search your problem on the web. ;)
4. Buy a new graphics card. :help:
5. Play your games on someone elses computer. :help:
6. Buy a whole new computer. :help:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

I got a list of things you can try to help your problem:

1. Scan your computer for viruses, ad-aware, spyware, etc.  ;)
2. Reformat your computer.  :help:
3. Google search your problem on the web.  :help:
4. Buy a new graphics card.  :help:
5. Play your games on someone elses computer.  :yeah:
6. Buy a whole new computer. :yeah:

View Post

Insert [sarcasm]
:tazz:

lol. at least you redeam yourself with your siggy.... Iron Maiden... ;)

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
yeah that was quite er...helpfull?. heh i guess they would work though wouldnt they. i mean there silly but im pretty sure some of em would fix the problem or maybe a combo...mmmm combo.

Dark-Fact

Dark-Fact

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
StarJax, my signature does not only reveal myself. :help: My Screen Name for the forum and my avatar and smilies also reveal myself. Dark-Fact is a very powerful and Intelligent human/creature known as in a video game called Ys Book I & II. Dark-Fact is the final boss of Ys Book I. A young warrior known as Adol Christin has to defeat him as Dark-Fact tries to rule over power. If you want to know alot more about Ys and Dark-Fact as well, check out this website at http://www.classicga...views/ys/ys.htm. I am a great fan of Ys and Dark-Fact. ;) But yes, I do love Iron Maiden also. Iron Maiden is my favorite heavy metal music band. And the quote known as in my signature, "You are powerless without the Silver Equipment" is a famous phrase Dark-Fact says to Adol Christin before he fights him. If you play the game, you would understand why he says that. :help: And for you ^tree, my helpful information I posted to help out TJCombo might be silly but it might help. ;) Oh, by the way ^tree, why did you name your Screen Name, ^tree? :tazz:

Edited by Dark-Fact, 27 June 2005 - 01:37 PM.