Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound on page won't play

• Please log in to reply

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
No!

i see the quicktime logo though on the page.

:tazz: i wonder what is wrong.. will post back later tonight with some suggestions/fix

Advertisements

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Tell me if you guys hear sound. Go to my web page

View Post

Now I get the broken QT picture. :tazz:

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Wait! I see you are using Tripod. Never used them but when I used to use Angelfire or Geocities you had to change the code to point to the sound file. i.e Instead of just putting "test.wav" you had to put: http://www.tripod.co...rname/test.wav... like that. I remember having to change the code every time. Worth a try?

There should be two sound files on this page, do either work for you? Just a slight variation of the code.
http://www.adarnsite...cheri/test.html

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
still doesn't play. Note that this wasn't the only host I entered that code in, i've tried three like I said earlier.

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

still doesn't play. Note that this wasn't the only host I entered that code in, i've tried three like I said earlier.

View Post

I set up a tripod account and uploaded a couple different sounds, one .wav and one .mp3. Both play for me in IE and netscape. What browser are you using?
Can you get either one of the sounds on here?

sounds

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
yep, I can hear those real good.....

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
it's gotta be a file problem.....

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

it's gotta be a file problem.....

View Post

I think so too. Putting them up on tripod is a piece of cake.

Now I've forgotten what kind of file you were using, was it an .mp3? You have to make sure you've got the right compression on those or they won't play. When I make an .mp3 from a .wav file I use 56kbit/s, 22,050hz stereo and they play everywhere.

ColonelPup

ColonelPup

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
That's incorrect HTML :tazz:

<embed src="The_URL_To_File.mp3" hidden="false" autostart="true" loop="false" height="##" width="##">

Change whatever..

Edited by ColonelPup, 29 June 2005 - 06:28 PM.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

That's incorrect HTML  :tazz:

<embed src="The_URL_To_File.mp3" hidden="false" autostart="true" loop="false" height="##" width="##">

Change whatever..

View Post

no, no, no....I don't have a URL to the file.....and the other html works for others....

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
How do I change the bit rate?

Edited by MR0624, 30 June 2005 - 08:00 AM.

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi MR0624,
I can see that you've given heaps of different html a try and failed so I'm not sure that this will work. But it looks different to the other ones listed here so give this a try:-

Option 1.
<bgsound src="test.wav" loop=infinite>
And make sure that you upload the test.wav file to the same folder as the index.html file that you wrote the code on.

Option 2.
<bgsound src="index_files/test.wav" loop=infinite>
And make sure that you have the test.wav file in the index_files folder and upload that folder to the same place as the index.html file that you wrote the code on.

(Your .html file may not necessarily be called index.html or index_files folder, just as test.wav may not be the actual name of your .wav file)
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

Check out my website- >Just for Fun< Click anywhere on the first page to skip the flash intro.
It has background music, and the above option 2. is how I did it.
But option 1 should also work.

(Dont pay too much mind at how slow my pages open up as there are alot of graphics on the pages and my .wav
files are also quite large, point is... they work)

Hope this Helps,

Willow :tazz:

Edited by willow28, 02 July 2005 - 02:25 PM.