Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New to Networking

• Please log in to reply

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
i may not be answering the question you are asking but assuming its a privalidges problem u could try the default share by typing \\computernameorip\c$ where see is the windows installation directory and connecting as administrator.

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Now that you mention it, I don't think that has been suggested yet, LOL.

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
how do I check and see if i have the settings i need to set up my network and add another computer to my existing network,

please check the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties, and see if both of your computers correspond. how do I do this in windows 98? I have a dsl connection and want to have that on this computer too.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
right what id advise is you give the pc a static ip of something similar 2 "192.168.1.1" and then the secondary computer a similar ip eg "192.168.1.2" then make sure u set ur modem properties to share it this should be an option under network connections then the modem and then sharing, then on the secondary computer u need to put the default gateway as the main computer so if u used my example it would be "192.168.1.1. hope this helps