Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doesn't detect DVD drive

• Please log in to reply

jlee90

jlee90

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used to burn DVDs with no problem but after i got this program Alcohol 120% the burn button on Nero grayed out and even after i uninstalled alcohol 120 it still doesnt work! What should i do?

Advertisements

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Perhaps the driver your burner is using has been corrupted. Right click on my computer, click on properties, click on the Hardware tab, click on Device Manager, expand the + next to DVD/CDROM drives, find your burner, Right click on it and choose uninstall. After the driver is uninstalled click on "Action" (in the Device Manager) and then click on "Scan for hardware changes"

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
regedit
enter

navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

in the right pane, delete "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" if you find them.