Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

maxing web site window

• Please log in to reply

kenjr

kenjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
about 2 days ago when i go to web sites,they open about quarter size.I have to enlarge them almost everytime.How can i get them to open full size all the time like they use to?What have i done wrong?help.thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I experienced this once after visiting an innocent (on the surface anyhow...) web page, my browser (especially ie) would open at a size approximately equivelent to my thumbnail. I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot, and that fixed the problem. Give that a try. You can find a link to those right here, at the top of the forum where it says
"Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. "

poorak

poorak

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Another way that u can fix it manually by adjusting the size of the window....sometimes.....big looking prob is a small one.........and if it's not ....theen try every spyware removal program.....u'll find the solution

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Adjust the window to the size you prefer, and hold down the control key while you click out on the X. Fingers crossed, XP should remember your preference.

Johanna

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Does this happen with the main IE window when you open it or just links you click on??

If it is just links, try the following..

Start IE..

Click on a link..

Now, use the File>Exit option on the original Window.. Do NOT just "x" out..

Using your mouse cursor, drag all four edges of the smaller window as far to the sides and top and bottom as you can..

Now, using the File>Exit option again, close that Windows.. DO NOT just "x" out of this window either..

Now try starting IE and clicking on a link!!

Murray