Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Settings! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Bealsebub

Bealsebub

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi all...

Recently, I de-Aurora'd my computer and got it back up to speed thanks to the mighty help of Trevuren over here: http://www.geekstogo...VED-t37197.html .
I admit to not totally understanding everything that he had me do.

Unfortunately, now I can't seem to log into my MySpace account. I figure it's probably cuz of something I altered within my security settings somewhere, somehow. But I downloaded and altered so many different programs, I don't know where to begin. How do I make it so that I can view certain web pages I visit?

Thanks for any help.

-Dan

Also having laptop issues: http://www.geekstogo...ST&f=37&t=39075

Advertisements

Bealsebub

Bealsebub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Note: 1 thing that's changed is that the member log-in box is now yellow when it used to just be white. I've noticed that a lot in some of the junk mail I've gotten too.

-D
www.myspace.com

Bealsebub

Bealsebub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
;)

I know everyone's on a tight schedule and I appreciate everything that was done to help me in the above linked topic... but the topic was closed and I still had unsolved problems that arose out of the "fixing" of my aurora pop-ups...

I can't access my myspace, my monster and god knows what other accounts. I need to get this fixed somehow. I'm certain it's just in my settings, and I've been playing around with them on my own, but have yet to discern just how to fix this problem.

The junk filters seem to work just fine. Any spam site I go to that asks me to sign up for something, the spaces where I give my personal info are now YELLOW, which I take is some kind of warning/indicator. Cool. But in the sites where I have to log in to access my existing accounts (see: myspace, monster), those are ALSO yellowed.... and I don't know how to fix it.

So, please forgive me if you're busy. But I need help. I wouldn't have immediately started up this topic if it wasn't important.

Thank you again. All help is appreciated. You guys ROCK!! :tazz:

-Dan