Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod Woes

• Please log in to reply

mcooney

mcooney

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My iPod worked properly with my old computer. But since I switched computers I have been unable to get it working again. When I set it in the dock it usually does not show up in the Source list. It gives the same message -- Do Not Disconnect. After leaving it down for a day, it did show up in the Source list when I set it in the dock and it even started to copy all my iTunes music. But then it had a fatal Windows error (I am using Windows 2000). Any suggestions?

P.S. The firewire is working properly.

Advertisements

DaveSouth

DaveSouth

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I also use my IPOD with windows.. and what ive found is this:

My ipod works horribly with firewire. It doesnt even detect it on the sytem. (this issue is addressed at apple.com - they claim you must "Force"?? your ipod into dock mode?)

USB is where its at. works perfectly

*please note this is just my opinion and what worked on my system. (which is pretty [bleep]ed up right now - lol )

mcooney

mcooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, that may be it. But I had a firewire on my old computer and the iPod worked fine.