Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Video Driver

• Please log in to reply

UghTechnology

UghTechnology

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I reinstalled windows 98 a week or so ago and a couple of my drivers are missing. Right now I'm concentrating on the video driver. There is no specification of the make or model on the chip-thing in my PC but there are a bunch of numbers. I've got this:
Serial number: C02H081134
A5PT Version 1.0
39902C239
32MPluss 107017

I went to the Gateway website and searched their drivers, I didn't find anything that seemed relevant to mine. I ran the restoration disk, it told me to click on a tab("Hardware Drivers") That wasn't there. I googled all the above information in pieces and together but got nothing. Nothing that I could understand, anyway. I miss having 256 colors ;) Please and thankyou :tazz:

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
what is the Serial number of your gateway computer?
This will help me find the drivers for you
:tazz:

UghTechnology

UghTechnology

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My serial number is: 0017487387

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
here is the downloads for your gateway from the gateway site.
click here

UghTechnology

UghTechnology

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thankyou, but I've been here already. My problem is that I don't know which to download, because all I know about the driver I had is the information I've already listed. Is there any fix for this? Or is it Okay to just download a new one?

Edited by UghTechnology, 27 June 2005 - 04:48 AM.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
Here is what I found on your system from the gateway site I would download the video driver from this page and try it.
CLICK HERE

UghTechnology

UghTechnology

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thankyou for all of your help, I decided to buy a new video card anyway. Take care <3