Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player Files

• Please log in to reply

darrelld

darrelld

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got an adult site that I need to delete from my Media Player file that shows up all the time when it shows the recently visited sites. How do I delete these files?

Darrelld :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
stop visiting such sites, you naughty young man

Open windows media player, then from the tool bar choose TOOLS > OPTIONS > PRIVACY TAB, choose CLEAR HISTORY Button

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Another way is to do it from regedit and delete only that particular file. This wont clear all the files and hence wont arouse any suspicion. :tazz:

Open regedit.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList
On the right frame, U will have string variables ranging from File0 to Filen (where (n+1) is the max. no. of files in the list).
Delete which-ever particular file u want.
But, u have now broken the sequence. U will have to rename the last variable to the one which u deleted.

e.g.: I have varibales ranging from File0 to File8. If I delete File5, I have broken the sequence of numbers (i.e. 0 to 8). Now I will have to rename File8 to File5.

Edited by darth_ash, 26 June 2005 - 12:37 PM.