Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot Failure Reboot and Select propber boot device

• Please log in to reply

Fan

Fan

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
and can't find anything to help.

I have a SCSI cd rom, and it has worked fine till now. I tried changing the BIOS to cd rom then SCSI. I still get the same error:

Boot Failure
Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device
Press and key when ready

I have also tried to d/l the 6 floppies, but it keeps telling me that the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Isn't that great?

I was told by a hard drive manufacturer that the IDE portion of my motherboard could be bad so I bought an IDE PCI Card. No help because I can't get to Windows to install the driver! Doh!

Please help

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
If any hardware causes you a problem, you need to disconnect that device and go into safe mode and uninstall the driver.

try to reinstall your scsi drive.

Fan

Fan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Thanks samiko, I will give that a try.