Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netscape 6.1 problem

• Please log in to reply

praying

praying

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello and thank you for your time and help.
I have Netscape 6.1 When I click on the icon for Netscape 6 a box comes up and asks me where to save it. I recently had my tower worked on and it didn't do this before. Everytime I click on Netscape I have to just click the X on the box, because Netscape is saved in the C drive. I am not computer savy so I can't begin to figure out why this might be. I am some computer smart, but to dangerous for my own good! The box coming is only a nuisance, and if I have to deal with it forever, I will. I just wanted to see if something can be done to get rid of that extra step.
Thank you very much for you time.
Charline in Texas

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could always switch to firefox i personally prefer it over netscape any day of the week.

praying

praying

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you for your reply, but your over my head. I don't even know what that is. I am not dumb, just not computer savy. If you recommend that would you be able to give me detailed instructions on how to install that?
Thank you for your reply. It is appreciated. I can tell you are way smart!!!!!