Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exteme Tech Bang for the buck PC

• Please log in to reply

frow

frow

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Please take a look at this link. Is this a good setup.

http://www.extremete...,1825693,00.asp

I could spend a little more money if I have to for better components

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i would say no. ditch the keyboard and mouse get microsoft wireless desktop about the same price maybe even cheaper at some stores. also if the mobo has built in sound you don't need the sound card. You can get a cheaper dvd burner. you can also get a cheaper floppy. also if you already have windows discs you don't need to buy this. also the money you save there and if you could buy more you should get a 512mb video card. that will run you alot but if you can afford it would kick [bleep].

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No games are designed to run on 512MB and very few will on the next two years it is inadvisable to buy one over a better card with 256megs. Yeah its out of date, look yourself see what you can get the reason you buy a pc is so it is customised for you.

humorsavesmysoul

humorsavesmysoul

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
tru it's slightly out of date. but with a few tweaks i think it could be a pretty kick [bleep] mid-range system.

replace the mobo with an msi K8N platinum. as for the dvd burner go with a lite-on, very cheap but they also support nearly every type of DVD/CD. as for the speakers i like that they went with logitech. the 5.1 is really only needed if you watch a lot of movies on ur computer. otherwise just get a set of speakers and a bass. i do however like their choice of CPU, graphics, case, power supply, and hard drive. idk bout the sound card though. haven't put much research into them yet.

i agree with warriorscot. you don't need 512mb of graphics at this point. maybe in couple years but who knows. a 512 will not give a you big performance boost over a 256 model.

Edited by humorsavesmysoul, 04 July 2005 - 10:20 PM.