Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver updates.

• Please log in to reply

Silk

Silk

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I am currently playing WoW (World of Warcraft) and i have a "Asus Radeon A9600XT" Graphics card and it is suppose to be really good for this game, when i sign on it is very laggy. I went to update my drivers to see if i could better play it, i right clicked my computer>propeties>hardware tab> manage devices tab....and so on, i updated and it said it couldnt match anything newer than what i have. the last time i updated my drivers was about 5 months ago, and when i did whenever i went to settings for the desktop either by going through windows or by the icon for the asus my computer magically restarted by itself, so my question is how to reduce lag for WoW, what that problem was with the restart, and also "Can memory make my computer run faster?

Thank you all. sorry for the long read,

Silk

Edited by Silk, 27 June 2005 - 09:40 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download the drivers from here:

www.ati.com

memory will not increase PC speed, but it makes it run more efficiently, which has the same effect sometimes.

Additionally, have you checked for running applications in the background? Does disabling them improve the games performance