Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Creating Sound File

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I have a Gateway computer and am I running a cable from the back of my computer(blue output next to where you plug in speakers) to a boom box so I can make a soundfile from a cassette tape. The other end of the cable is going into the headphone jack on the boom box. I had no problem doing this before with my old Gateway computer but now I'm running into a problem.
After about 4 or 5 songs the sound coming out of deck 2 sounds muffled.
I tried cleaning this deck but it doesn't help. I ended up purchasing a Panasonic 2 speaker shelve system but it did the same thing after about 5 songs.
The tape isn't bad because it plays fine on deck 1.
I need to know could what I'm doing knock out my tape deck????
I took that shelve system back and bought a $45 cassette player to try but I'm afraid it will do it again. Any suggestions or input????