Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating Sound File

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I have a Gateway computer and am I running a cable from the back of my computer(blue output next to where you plug in speakers) to a boom box so I can make a soundfile from a cassette tape. The other end of the cable is going into the headphone jack on the boom box. I had no problem doing this before with my old Gateway computer but now I'm running into a problem.
After about 4 or 5 songs the sound coming out of deck 2 sounds muffled.
I tried cleaning this deck but it doesn't help. I ended up purchasing a Panasonic 2 speaker shelve system but it did the same thing after about 5 songs.
The tape isn't bad because it plays fine on deck 1.
I need to know could what I'm doing knock out my tape deck????
I took that shelve system back and bought a $45 cassette player to try but I'm afraid it will do it again. Any suggestions or input????

Advertisements