Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

auto printing

• Please log in to reply

Fahad

Fahad

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all !

My first post here.

I need suggestions on how to get outlook to print emails directly.. without any human interaction. I mean as soon as a email comes in, goes to the printer. Is there a macro that can be used to do this? i checked some third party programs, but I just want to check with you guys here to see if we can have a possible solution without using any third part softwares.

Any help would be highly appreciated. ;)

thanks a bunch :tazz:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Microsoft outlook or Outlookexpress ?

Fahad

Fahad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi peterm

Thanks for the reply,

After days after days of banging my head against the wall and searching all the way from third party softwares to visiting macro forums, I found out that you can use the rules wizard in microsoft outlook to enable direct printing from a specific sender and/or containing a specific word or phrase in the subject. There are many other ways you can customize this too. Its simple and effective. ;)

For all other guys out there who are like me, look in the program itself first guys!!

Best regards :tazz:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
thats why I wanted to know which outlook so I could show you in the rules
glad you found it. Next time ask before putting yourself through the stress
and remember the more info you give up front such as whichh program and which version the quicker we can help

Fahad

Fahad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Noted. and appreciated.

On the same note, I am also searching for a possible fax solution. Here's the scenario, my company has developed an online ordering program (using ASP), now as soon as a customer places an order, the subcribers to our service recieve an email (we configure their microsoft outlook to function that way), but unfortunately,not every subscriber has 24/7 online access. so we need to offer them a faxed order. Any ideas? Efax can't do it because somebody has to manually go and send the fax. I need to have it automated.

Thanks a bunch and best regards.