Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bf2 punkbuster problem

• Please log in to reply

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Pip
  • 6 posts
everytime i get into a server that has punkbuster i get in and get kicked out in a few seconds then a message pops up and says there has been a punkbuster errror. it states that i have inadequate o/s privileges.....what can i do to fix this problem?

p.s.
i have windows xp sevice pack 2

thank u for taking time to help me with my problem

Edited by creepindeath17, 27 June 2005 - 11:39 PM.

Advertisements

hvc801

hvc801

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
....I tried helping him, and me and my friend told him to uninstall windows SP2 .. from the add/remove programs option ... so that he would be left with sp1 .... would that work fine for him??

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Maybe he is using cheats?

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no im not .....

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
try reinstalling teh game

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
download pbweb the the bf2\pb folder and run pbweb.exe to update punkbuster

Krakencrux

Krakencrux

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I get the same thing with bf 1942 "restrictions inadequate O/S.... 507" Have dled and ran pbweb as well as the pbsec files , nothing... for the last several months , pb has been the punk.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
im looking into it. Im more up on COD than battlefield. I'm just checking on the actuall error number to verify (507). lets start by manually updating punkbuster. download pbweb.exe from evenbalance and place it into you bf2\pb folder. application must be run from withing that folder.

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok now im gonna need a walk through on how to do that ...sorry for the inconvinence

i am very thankfull for ur help

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I have used "call of duty" as an example. just replace the program path with battlefield

This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

You can save pbweb.exe into the pb folder for any punkbuster supported game per the example above.

Advertisements

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanx alot ill try it....ill get back to ya

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok now im havin a problem installing pbwed.exe....can you tell me how to save it strait into the bf2 pb folder....im not sure if im doin it right im sorry for being such a problem.....im very very thankful for ur help

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you download it, just save it to the battlefield2\pb folder. then go to that location and doubleclick on the pbweb.exe and it will run for you. No install needed.

creepindeath17

creepindeath17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok ill give it a try again...

Y2eel

Y2eel

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Did it work for you????