Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Disk Problem

• Please log in to reply

2eq

2eq

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry to put another computer question up on the board, but I know you guys are a clever bunch...

Ive recently installed a 200Gb hard drive in my computer to run 'piggy-backed' off my existing 160Gb drive (Master with a slave)

Now its working fine in so much as accessing each drive. But when I use my computer in a day-to-day manner i've noticed that it is considerably slower.

Now i've checked on www.pcpitstop.com (which I use for dignostic checks) and it's saying that my ORIGINAL drive C: (which is obviously my boot drive) is running at 3MB per second, instead of the 38MB per second that it should be!

Has anybody had the same problem and/or do you know what settings I need to be looking at in which to pick up the speed back to it's normall rate? Or put another way how can I see what is causing this?

Many thanks for your time. David.

Advertisements

2eq

2eq

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I should also point out that I have also just ran the dignostic check with the second HD disconected and I got the same result. So this seems like it's a problem with the first HD in it's self.

Any help would be great.