Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website

• Please log in to reply

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Can any one tell me what i can do to my site to improve it?
Link To Site

Be Honest!
I Will Update Straight Away!

(Must Have Firefox And In A 1024 by 768 Revolution)

Edited by bennydog, 01 July 2005 - 08:40 AM.

Advertisements

1nfection

1nfection

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Change the color scheme. I couldn't read anything that was on your menu. The layout is very workable, but you have to be able to read it. I noticed that you used some CSS to decorate text and such, use the absolute positioning to do the layout. The tables make it have a ton of server hits for spacer gifs and such, but if you use CSS all the way then it really cuts down on the size. Also, if you use valid CSS, then it really will show a big difference in firefox. Look to OSWD.org for some great examples.

Chexee

Chexee

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Avoid so many exclamation points. Looks a bit unprofessional.

Also, avoid unneccesary, slow loading images.

ColonelPup

ColonelPup

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I don't really like the layout :S

bennydog

bennydog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thanks For Your Comments
Got Any More?? :tazz:

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Everything is a little "free" to move around, things don't really have a place. Put borders in. But other than that :tazz: its sxy i like it

remintellegere

remintellegere

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Its a quite nice site. Its a little to loaded with content though. The primary page is always good to keep kinda clean. Javascript Dropdown menus are a good idea. Milonic has some good ones.

You also might want to make things more compatible. Sure, I'm running firefox on a dual screen dual nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra's with an SLi bridge at 1600x1200 pixels with a cable modem but some people still use 800x600 resolution(you'd be suprised) with dialup. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to view a website you want to go to well. Who knows, the person who can't view your site might be the one who would have brought it the most traffic.

Conflicting with what I said above, you might want to spread everything out a bit as well. Its a little crowded.

Playing the webdesign game isn't very much fun. Its plagued just about everyone but as with everything, experience will help you to create better sites.

Nice website by the way