Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with NFS2

• Please log in to reply

bniv99

bniv99

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I Need Help!!! Paid 44euro for a game we can't play.
Need for speed underground 2 won't play.
Installation went with out a hitch.
Went to start Program and...
The small start srceen displays, but when the program goes to start and change the Display mode it just stops.

I watched the process in windows manager. I see the process start, then it just stops. Its not even running in the background.

My system is:
AMD Athlon XP2400+, 256MB RAM, ATI Readon XP9600 w/128MB, AGP

Can anyone give some advice what to check.

Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you applied any patches that might be available for it? have you updated your video drivers.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Hmm...what is the clock speed of the XP2400+? Does it meet minimum requirements? Also try reinstalling the game. That may help

TalonT

TalonT

• Pip
  • 7 posts
NFSU 2 has some problems with registration...what is your CD-key? I've been looing into this stuff, and I could probably tell you whether that is the problem. :tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Are you trying to steal his CD key Talon. Thats what it seems like you are trying to do

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 29 June 2005 - 05:47 PM.

bniv99

bniv99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well I have tried all the new updates for Drivers and Dirext X. And no luck. I have spoken with a couple friends that have had issues with certain software and my be coming to a conclusion. I could be totally off with this, I have not really checked into it, but all the people who have problems with this and a couple other games all have AMD based machines. We have checked and all meet or exceed the requirements. Could there be an issue with the AMD processor???

Like I said I have not really researched, just off the guff. Anythoughts out there.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not if your running windows xp. prior to this os there was a update from microsoft that update thier code. have you applied all the available game patches? are you running sp2, what are you system specs?