Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD Monitor Cleaning

• Please log in to reply

Flint

Flint

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I'm just wondering if there's any good way to go about cleaning my LCD monitor screen. It has somehow gotten some spots on it and i'd like to try getting them off if possible. I tried gently going at them with my fingernail, but it didn't help.. plus I was paranoid of ruining the screen further.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Try rubbing Alchohol. Thats how they clean them before they are shipped.

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I contacted Samsumg and asked them how to clean my LCD monitor. They said that I should use mild dish detergent diluted with water and then dry. However, it left some streaks when I dried it. Thus I founf this process works best:
Use the detergent with water and dry. Then, use just plain water on a paper towel to get rid of the streaks. It dries in a second if the towel is just damp.

Flint

Flint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks guys. I'll have to give it a shot. Also, about the spots I have. Has anybody else had this happen? Is it somewhat normal? (The monitor is a little over a month old) And is there anything I can do to prevent them?

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
The spots are normal. They are probably just smudges that may develop for whatever reason - dust is a killer. They may stop on the screen and then when it moves, it may leave a mark. With so much dust, I happens quickly. The cleaning process should take care of it.