Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Office Updates

• Please log in to reply

garfluver

garfluver

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi!

I'm trying to download windows office updates. It says it will take about 83 minutes...I get to about 30 minutes left and I get disconnected from internet. I've tried about 3 times and the same thing happens.

Any ideas??

Thanks for any help!
Garf <_<

Advertisements

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Hi. Try ordering it on cd. click here for microsoft <_<

Also try going into properties of your network connection. It may be set to 30mins at a time.

Edited by Yarnouth, 30 September 2004 - 10:17 PM.

garfluver

garfluver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I checked my connections...said it will hang up after 1 hour of idleness. (If it's downloading--are they considering the computer to be idle?) I did change it to 2 hours just in case. I see that Microsoft has a service pack 3 now???

When I bought my computer in March it was factory installed with Office Small Business Edition 2003...I think it was last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago) that I updated to the SP2 via CD.

Do I need to order the Office XP SP3 now when I ask for the CD to download?

When I checked for downloads in office, it showed that I need to download Office 2003 SP1...do I even need to do any update??

Thanks,
Garfluver