Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Problems

• Please log in to reply

ngfgokuvegeta

ngfgokuvegeta

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a desktop connected to a Buffalo Airstation WYR-G54 Wireless Router that is connected to my cable modem. The desktop is Windows XP Home and the Acer laptop is also Windows XP Home. The dell laptop is Windows XP Professional.

I can connect to the internet fine with my 128 WEP security wireless network but the problem is I cannot see any files and folders when I go to "My Network Places --> Entire Network --> Microsoft Windows Network --> Workgroup". Instead, I am getting a dialog box with a Red X that reads:

Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

This is very weird because I have File and Printer Sharing enabled on all computers and the Workgroup name is the same on all computers. I am running Sygate Personal Firewall on my desktop but that is the only additional firewall I am running besides the Windows Firewall.

EDIT: The problem was Sygate Firewall! I disabled it and now it works!

Edited by ngfgokuvegeta, 28 June 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Glad you added the edit, I was just about to suggest Sygate!

Greazy Mcgeezy