Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ApptoPort.dll <<How do i remove that?

• Please log in to reply

Trisha3201

Trisha3201

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im a newbie to the world of computers, and have a problem with this ApptoPort.dll, i want to be rid of it but i cant do it the conventional way of right click and delete, as i get a message saying 'Cannot delete ApptoPort: Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use'. Its part of something called Track Zapper, and it is making me get windows error messages, and i cant go to some of my favourite sites.

Can someone please help me with the removal of this 'thing'

Cheers

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I read about this to day for my on problem. What you could try is renaming the file. One way to wreak a file is to make it that you can see the fle extention ( this is the little ending like .doc , .exe on the end of a file that tell a computer what type of file it is). If the file extention in not shown you mush adjust the settings in Windows Exploer, in tools, in folder options turn off "hile extention form know file types." Once you can see the file extention rename the file including the file extention. this will make the file unreconized by the computer and you can delete it most of the time. if this does not work find a file shreder. The one that I have is MoveOnBoot download it an see if that works if none of this work then I can not help.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 29 June 2005 - 05:55 AM.