Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Files to a DVD+R disc

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hello again

I have a question about placing DVD files on my computer to DVD+R CDs. (Dell Inspiron 8200 Notebook PC, using Windows XP Home Edition)

When creating a custum DVD using a software called "Sonic MyDVD", I was able to transfer it to a Maxwell DVD+R CD, but I cannot do so with DVDs that were copied onto my computer. My laptop comes with a DVD reading CD drive, and I have even bought an external DVD+RW/+R/CD-RW USB drive. I use this drive combined with my default laptop drive to copy CDs. When copying a DVD that was bought, I had to decrypt it first, to remove the copywrite protection. I used a DVD Decrypter dowloaded off the internet for free. After doing so, the files were placed onto my hard drive. Now, when I try to transfer those files to a DVD+R CD using either of my drives, I am told that there were no proper DVD recorders found.

I have tried copying with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic, and the Sonic MyDVD software.

How can I get these DVD files onto my DVD+R CDs? If I don't have the right stuff, what do I have to buy/download?

Advertisements

Ooze27

Ooze27

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Have you tried Nero yet?

You can easily burn video files just by make new video dvd,then copy all the files that the decrypter made to the video ts folder,donīt copy anything to the audio_ts folder.

Or on the other hand you can try DVDshrink that does all the job,you just need to select the things you donīt want so that the decrypter can increase movie quality,after the decryption it askes for a clean DVD and there you go.

hope it helps m8

Edited by Ooze27, 29 June 2005 - 01:57 PM.

dflo404

dflo404

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Well the problem is more of getting the files on a DVD+R CD. I don't think the space is the problem. When I try to write on a blank DVD, it tells me no proper DVD recording capability was found.