Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd issue

• Please log in to reply

seannannie

seannannie

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
would anyone be able to tell me why my dvd drive wont play dvds?

it will run data dvd (games), it will run cds, but when you put a dvd film (original) it just spits it back out again?

any advice?

thanks

Sean

Advertisements

1nfection

1nfection

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
First, are the region settings correct? Go into the device properties, and check.

DVD's have a security feature that checks the player to where the disc was licensed to be sold (Like here in the states, can only be played in the states) so that I can't go buy cheap DVD's in Batang, and sell them here.

If it's not right, change it. But be careful, it can only be changed a few times. Try that, and if it don't work, we'll try something else.

seannannie

seannannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
dvd region is shown as 2 which is right, to give somemore info, it looks like it's just happening on copyright protected dvds

sean

taff

taff

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Supplying the type of DVD drive you have mabee helpful...

seannannie

seannannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok its a pioneer 105s, anything else that will help?

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
what are you trying to play dvds in windows media player, if so was the dvd drive installed on the computer at the time u loaded windows media player if not then reinstall windows media player as it wont of installed the neccacery files to play dvds as the dvd drive wasnt present hope this helps

seannannie

seannannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No, I use power dvd, like I say I have a old dvd disc from pc gamer and on one side it has demos and on the other dvd films (of the team and trailers) the only problem is with copyrighted DVDs it just scans them for a bit then spits them out