Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing 98 over 2000

• Please log in to reply

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
That would be cool!!

Advertisements

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
any ideas?

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
If you want to delete and format to fat 32 download ranish partition manager its free and it will definitely kill the ntfs partition.

http://www.ranish.com/part/

good luck and good bye.

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
download ranish partition manager its free and it will definitely kill that ntfs partition for you. download at

http://www.ranish.com/part/

I've used it before. good luck

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Ok I downloaded the ranish.com and saved it to a floppy. but how do I get it installed on my other computer? At t his point I don't have any operating system installed.

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Ok I downloaded the ranish.com and saved it to a floppy. but how do I get it installed on my other computer? At t his point I don't have any operating system installed.

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
That program is to use from windows, since windows is gone you can just install win98 now.

- <_< =jonnyrotten=-

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
OK Thanks!!! I'll try that!

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I now have Part244 open, but honestly I'm clueless as to what I'm suppose to be doing.I read the ReadMe file, but not sure what I should do here. Any pointers? The results it tells me are this: It list 3 primary in order. 0 is MBR. 1 is unused, says partition size 8,225,279 . 2 says Windows FAT 32-LBA, size is 1,767,150. 3 is unused size is 7,434. Not for sure what command I should be using. Thanks!!

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Don't use that program. Remember when Admin was telling you about FDISK? Use fdisk to delete all partitions and make one partition over the whole drive formatted with FAT32. When that's done put the 98 disk in the drive, boot, and follow installation instructions.

-=jonnyrotten=-

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I will try to fdisk again, but If I remember correctly, the problem was it was showing only 1 partition when I viewed partition info and when it asked me to allow FAT 32 I said yes. But then when I tried to install Win 98, I got the error.

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I did it again and didn't get the error. Thank you for that clarification!!!