Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware Freezes

• Please log in to reply

ryeld

ryeld

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Trying to run Ad-Aware SE Build 1.06r1 with def file SE1R51 21.06.2005 w/options you have specified.

It gets to the same point (about 51000 - 52000 files and a specific registry entry) and hangs. It states that it has found 2 New Critical Objects (1 Reg Key and 1 File) and is always stuck when Deep Scanning the same registry entry (CLSID/{F3CA56EF-C5DA-11CF-8F28-00AA0060FD48}).

I am running Firefox 1.0.3.

I have also been unable to get a McAfee VirusScan to complete in Normal or Safe mode. It hangs on a Mozilla installwizard.log file.

What now?

Thanks.

Advertisements

PollutedPaladin

PollutedPaladin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey ryeld! My name's PollutedPaladin. I'm here to try to help you with your problem. I've had the same problem and I've fixed it myself. Try canceling your scan about 100 files or so before it freezes. Then clean and delete (or whatever you are most comfortable with) the infected files, and scan again. If this does not solve your problem, try to quick scan your files instead or get a completely new anti-virus/anti-spyware program and try it out.