Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

How can I get Firefox to work

• Please log in to reply

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
I cant use Firefox it keeps on saying the connection was refused when attempting to contact and the (name of the website) please help............... :tazz:

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Is your IE or any other alternative browser working properly?
Is your internet connection working properly?
Do you have proper anti-malware/anti-virus applications?
Is that happening at all sites you want to visit with FF?
Little more info please..

- Rawe :tazz:

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
my internet explorer and internet is working fine, I have zone alarm firewall and many spyware and malware removers and guards and yes it happens to all websites I visited.Please reply if u can help me or require more specifics!

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
alright. not sure if this will be any help, but my one of my friends had a problem with this awhile ago, and he also could not use certain webpages. after troubleshooting it for about 3 weeks he found that it was due to an nprotect.exe that would not shut down and was blocking certain connections..i forget what he did but he found a patch somewhere that removed it..so hit ctrl-alt-del and check for nprotect.exe try ending it if it wont shut down that might be your problem. if not, i tried.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Are you sure Zone Alarm is configured to allow FireFox access to the Internet?

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
your right it was zone alarm that was blocking it thnx phybyr0ptyk. :tazz:

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Glad to help, happy surfing and welcome to the wonderful world of Mozilla. :tazz: