Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't get Outlook 2003 to work...

• Please log in to reply

Vik

Vik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no clue what happened. I am desperately trying to figure out why my outlook won't work. I have tried to install two different versions

Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 (which is the one I used to use until it messed up)

I get this error:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. An unexpected error has
occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Be
sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

please please please...if anyone has any clue what I can do to fix this...please help. :tazz: ;) ;) :help: :help:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Microsoft outlook or outlook express

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
It sounds as though Outlook is trying to connect to an MSN mailbox but doesn't have the proper pieces to do that. Click the Mail icon in the Control Panel (In the User's group if you are using Windows XP). Then click the "Email Accounts" button to "View or change existing accounts" and remove any MSN account you find. You can also Add another mail account there if you need to.

Edited by peterm, 02 July 2005 - 12:03 AM.