Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp only starts in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

phalanx2

phalanx2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i shutdown xp 2 days ago and when i turned it on it said that it had failed to start last time so i chose start normally and it started into safe mode i have run anti virus anti spyware attempted disabling all start up programs... i didnt install anything last time i had the computer on not sure what is causing this problem and help with this would be appreciated

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Do a Windows XP repair Repair Windows XP. This will help your problem :tazz: .

phalanx2

phalanx2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I lost my xp Cd a while ago i will have to borrow a friends but i will post if i ever manage to get it working after trying that.

poorak

poorak

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
have you tried the SFC solution (if u do hav sp1 on ur machine)?

phalanx2

phalanx2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
tried repairing windows and it didnt work had to reinstall windows over the old windows folder to get it to work. but got it to stop starting in safe mode so im happy

Edited by phalanx2, 01 July 2005 - 12:48 AM.