Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Explorer experienced Internal Error

• Please log in to reply

sterling

sterling

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I logon to MSN through Verizon DSL, I receive the popup:
MSN Error Report
We're sorry, MSN Explorer experienced an internal error and will restart.
I've sent the error report to MSN several times, but heard nothing back

MSN version:9.10.0011.1703
Windows XP 5.01.2600
Internet Explorer: 6.00.2900.2180

Please help me
Thanks!

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

You might try reinstalling the software. I can tell you, though, that MSN Explorer is a hard one to find. The version that comes on the XP CD can cause problems if you have an older CD and have since installed service packs. Your best bet, is to search for, download, and install the latest version (7.2 free - 8.0 if you subscribe). Let us know if this helps you out.

This shouldn't have anything to do with your Verizon DSL. What can I say? It's The Internet...If you're connnected, you're connected. This, my friend, sounds more like a software issue.

Thanks,

Magus

sterling

sterling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yup, it seems to have started after I applied the latest auto update.
I'll try your recommendation over the weekend and keep you posted!

Thanks so much, Magus!

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
It's no problem.

Just let us know what you come up with. If you are still having trouble, we will continue to work on this problem for you.

Thanks,

Magus

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I wouldnt suggest using that verizon of the MSN explorer; if youre using the MSN premium that you got from us (verizon), then you would have to use that (98% of the time), if youve migrated the account over to us its not exactly going to work, as the two browsers connect to different servers. if you want to reinstall the MSN go to...

http://www.verizon.net/betterway

...and click on "Get it now"

pakjpj

pakjpj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too have received this error "We're sorry, MSN Explorer has experienced an internal error and will have to restart." I have had 3 trouble tickets issued to Verizon DSL. The first told me I had a problem with my MSN Explorer program, and that I should delete the program and go to verizon.net/betterway and reinstall.

I did this, it took about 6 hours to install??? The problem came back about 4 days later. I followed the same procedure, and issued a trouble ticket. This ticket referred me to a different link for downloading, which I followed.

Again, 6 hours later, running fine. So, now it has been about 5 days, and the error has resurfaced. I purchased Spyware, have current updates on Norton, and need to figure out why this is happening.

When I submitted my 3rd trouble ticket today, I was told this is beyond the scope of Verizon DSL, and was a registry problem for which I needed to consult Microsoft.

How can I get rid of this problem once and for all?

One additional note, I have not downloaded Service Pack 2 for Windows XP because I was told there were still problems with it. Is this true? Does this have anything to do with what I am experiencing???

:tazz:

Thank You.