Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deer Park Alpha 1

• Please log in to reply

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Awesome Cassykins. 3 days now, still not one problem.

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Yep, I did it. Downloaded Deer Park Alpha 1, currently using it right now. The Sanitize Deer Park option is just the bomb, dude! I always have this habit of clearing out temporary Internet files, cookies, browsing history and the like after a browsing session and it is nice to be able to set the browser to do the cleaning up automatically right before exiting the program.

It has been barely a few hours since I downloaded the software, and I'm already pretty impressed by it. I'm definitely sold on this product. :tazz: I don't have it set as my default browser currently but I'll probably be using it quite often over the next few weeks if no major issues crop up. ^^

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Yaeh, I have the same problem/obsession of clearing the temp files and cookines from my machine as well. I'm glad you like it, I still think it rocks.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Deer Park Alpha 2 is now available from the same address as in the first post in this thread or
http://www.mozilla.org

Its just as cool as DPA1

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Geep, thanks a bunch for that update. ;)

I went straight to the website to acquire my own copy of Deer Park Alpha 2 right after reading your post, but upon successfully downloading and setting up the software, I kinda ran into some glitches trying to remove the previous version of Deer Park. See, I thought that maybe Deer Park Alpha 2 would automatically update my older version of Deer Park, but it didn't, so instead of one single Deer Park I ended up with two Deer Park browsers - Deer Park Alpha 1, which I installed weeks ago, and the later Deer Park Alpha 2.

Seeing this, I immediately did the sensible thing - or at the very least, what any regular thinking human being with the slightest bit of common sense would do, I should think. ;) I went to the Add or Remove Programs panel and tried to do an uninstall of Deer Park Alpha 1, but for some incredibly bizarre reason Deer Park Alpha 2 got booted out of the PC instead, and the result was that I ended up with Deer Park Alpha 1 still on the computer, but Deer Park Alpha 2 butchered. A later attempt to uninstall Deer Park Alpha 2 brought up an error message about a...certain log file missing that was required for the uninstallation. Sorry I can't provide more details - I just didn't think to copy down the information given at that time, or even to take a quick screenshoot.

Anyhow, I did eventually manage to rid the system of any remaining Deer Park leftovers, by taking the following steps. Anyone who ran into the same problems that I did earlier on may find them to be pretty useful:

1) Running Your Uninstaller! 2004 to get rid of what Windows' own built-in uninstaller wouldn't.

2) Wipe out any broken links/invalid shortcuts/et cetera left behind with WinASO Registry Optimizer and...

3) ...voila! The system should be pretty much clean of Deer Park Alpha 1 and 2 by now.

I then proceeded to do a fresh reinstallation of Deer Park Alpha 2, and this time around it went much more smoothly, thank goodness. Am now using Deer Park Alpha 2 - and it has been working fine so far. :tazz: