Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think my Windows Media Player is infected.

• Please log in to reply

BoBaLu

BoBaLu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have this annoying adware I cant remove that displays ads by the name of yield manger... And I also have something on my windows media player. Norton antivirus cant remove them. Spybot cant Adaware, nor Hijackthis.
I have screenshots put they are bitmap and I don't know how to change the type I can aim them to anyone who thinks they can help at BoBaLu780 .
THIS IS WHERE I GOT THE VIRUS DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANNA DEAL WITH THIS TOO WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
http://www.darkwars....=click&id=56510

DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU ARE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING THAT IS THE VIRUS AND THE ADWARE.

Please help me and If this forum is in the wrong place tell me and I will move it just dont delete it or move it without telling me.

I think this is outwar put Im not sure

EDIT:I got one pic up in the attachments that is what comes up when I try to start Windows Media Player. I cant get the pic of the Ad up.

Attached Files

Edited by BoBaLu, 01 July 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I clicked, and nothing bad at all happened- not even a "Do you want to allow Active X?" popped up.

Take the screenshots and rename them to a .jpg extension so we can see what you are talking about.

Johanna

Edited by Czarina, 02 July 2005 - 05:54 AM.

BoBaLu

BoBaLu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Help me quick.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
pretty sure it should be .jpeg not .jpog.bmp